Thread: Looking for circuit for a very low power oscillator

Default Looking for circuit for a very low power oscillator

Hi,
    I'm looking for a circuit for a very low power 10Mhz oscillator that I can modulate with a tone so I can check some receivers I have.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Gerald

Your easiest solution is to put up a 10MHz antenna and use the WWV time signal.

If you insist on building one, will it be for FM or AM?

Edit: Take a look at the Bipolar Transistor Cookbook (By Nuts and Volts Magazine) Part 5 (of 8) on Page 3 (if it is in pdf form). There is a great section on very simple oscillators with modulation. It is online here https://www.nutsvolts.com/magazine/a...ookbook_part_5 just scroll down to the modulation section.
    Both the Bipolar Transistor Cookbook and Op-Amp Cookbook are great references to circuits that actually work!
    Last edited by brandon lind; Sun 30th Aug 2020 at 17:09.

Thanks agan Brandon,
    I'll have a go at building one (something to do whilst in Covid lockdown), I used to make my own PCBs some years ago and still have the bits and pieces about. I also have the design software. I know I have a couple of 10Mhz Xtals in my bits box. I was going to use AM with the output from my PC speakers with a CD I like. I'll make a start on the schematic tomorrow.
    Regards,
    Gerald