Thread: Hi from new member

Default Hi from new member

Hi everyone. My name is Gary and I've been involved with amateur radio for around 50 years now. I enjoy VHF operations the most, but am somewhat active on HF also. I have mostly Kenwood radios, HF, VHF and UHF. Have also accumulated quite a few Motorola mobile and HT radios. I'm looking forward to using this site and forums on a regular basis.
    Gary / WA7IEP

Hi from Nottingham UK Gary.

Notice that you have a vanity call sign. Sadly, in UK we are stuck with the call signs that we are issued with for life.

It's like a breath of fresh air to see an experienced ham posting in this section. It's mostly guys looking for the easiest way to get a ham licence.
    Your novice exams are now so simple that 5yr olds are passing them. Yet l still see full grown adults looking for an easier option to obtain a ham license.

Talking about exams. All schools & college students in UK had their grades "estimated" due to this virus. Ofcourse they are all complaining that the grades are too low. Many have now been retracted for review. So now in UK we have the great qualification giveaway.
    Ham exams can be done online. Therefore why can't these school exams be done online?

Quote Originally Posted by yagermeister View Post
    Hi everyone. My name is Gary and I've been involved with amateur radio for around 50 years now. I enjoy VHF operations the most, but am somewhat active on HF also. I have mostly Kenwood radios, HF, VHF and UHF. Have also accumulated quite a few Motorola mobile and HT radios. I'm looking forward to using this site and forums on a regular basis.
    Gary / WA7IEP
    What do you do on the VHF bands? I'm a new licensee, and haven't really thought of anything to do with my license yet.