Thread: Yaesu dian kbob lock

Default Yaesu dian kbob lock

I have the FT-7900R transceiver and have the following issue:

I have locked the DIAL knob so channels will not change by mistake. This was done by accessing menu 21 and locking the dial knob.
    Now I would like to unlock it but after pressing and hold the BAND( SET) button, I see menu #1 and I cannot get to menu 21 since the dial knob is locked.

How can I unlock the dial knob?

Quote Originally Posted by talben View Post
    I have the FT-7900R transceiver and have the following issue:

I have locked the DIAL knob so channels will not change by mistake. This was done by accessing menu 21 and locking the dial knob.
    Now I would like to unlock it but after pressing and hold the BAND( SET) button, I see menu #1 and I cannot get to menu 21 since the dial knob is locked.

How can I unlock the dial knob?
    From your post, I am guessing you have the manual. There are quite a few items that can be locked. I would try a reset and see if that works.

The rubber button at the top right of the display, press and hold to toggle the lock on and off.

Menu item #21 allows you to select which particular items you want to lock. (Manual, Page 73.) It does not actually activate the locking function. That is done by the Lock button on the display. See page i in the manual for the location of the LOCK button.