Thread: Can't figure out how to program the BJ-318 using cable and software, Geting Write Err

Exclamation Can't figure out how to program the BJ-318 using cable and software, Geting Write Err

Hello group,

The seller sent me the 128E software and told me that it would work to program the radio

The drivers they sent me with the cable were the Prolific 2303, but that is not what is in the cable

The HWID is:

USB\VID_0403&PID_6001&REV_0600

I found the drivers on the manufactures website, It uses an FTDI

FT232R USB UART

I installed the drivers that have the VCP ( virtual com port) and it installed the cable and set up Com 6 as the virtual com port

I ran the software and clicked Read and Read again and it comes up with the error

Error Write!

I am betting the software is wrong

Can anyone tell me if they have used a cable with this UART and programmed either a BJ-218 or BJ-318

and if there is a trick to enter the program mode ?

I know on some Moto radios I have owned they required pressing buttons while powering on to enter program mode

Any help is appreciated

Thank You

Bill
    KC2OVX

Have you made an attempt to write a frequency in to see if it accepts it and gives the software something to read?
    73s, God bless and good day. KD9KVS
    I have a brain injury.
    I am not my brain injury.
    This does not define me.

Question Tried writing, got same error

Quote Originally Posted by KD9KVS View Post
    Have you made an attempt to write a frequency in to see if it accepts it and gives the software something to read?
    I did try writing data to the radio and got the exact same error

Exclamation Yes, I tried to program in frequencies to see if it would write

Quote Originally Posted by KD9KVS View Post

Yes, I tried that.

The error is the same