Thread: Tecsun pl-365 receiver

Default Tecsun pl-365 receiver

Can anyone relate their experiences and reviews of the TecSun pl-365. In particular, can this radio receive all frequencies in the range 150-1620 Khz? In particular can it receive 518 (NavTex) and with USB? What is the reception like? Is the Extra antena worth it?

Doesn't even make a good paper weight! Is a total waste of good money!

Had a friend that had one, he is now a General Class Ham, called me up on the phone one night, asked me if I could transmit because he wanted to listen to see if he could hear me.. We live about 20 miles apart. I got on 80 meters at night, on a very good night, and he couldn't hear me or the person I was talking to. Gave him a 40 meter frequency in the daytime, was talking to his neighbor about 4 miles down the road from his house, he couldn't even hear his neighbor..

Finally he threw it in the garbage - where it belonged and bought a real radio!

Take $300, buy yourself an old ham radio, if you don't have a license throw the microphone away, that will keep you from trying to operate it illegally. Take another $300 and buy yourself a 80m or 160m off center fed antenna and some good low loss coax and a power supply - most times you can find an Astron RS 35m for about $70 at a hamfest. Then if you decide to become a ham, all you will need to do is get a antenna tuner - if your radio doesn't have one, and a good SWR / Power meter and you will be set.

Wasting money on a toy radio that might only pick up the very loudest short wave radio stations - which there are very few of them still on the air unless you want to listen to Reverend Send More Money - I don't know what else you would want it for.

I use my Kenwood TS 590S on Friday and Saturday nights to listen to The Grand Old Opry on WSM AM 650..