Thread: New Guy

Default New Guy

Hello!

My name is Justin and i'm from the US. (Arkansas)

I have yet to buy my first radio but i am studying to take the test and plan to take one as soon as it becomes available.

I am looking to put a rig in my truck as well as some handheld options. I'm afraid i have found yet another expensive hobby

Quote Originally Posted by JAHouse88 View Post
    Hello!

My name is Justin and i'm from the US. (Arkansas)

I have yet to buy my first radio but i am studying to take the test and plan to take one as soon as it becomes available.

I am looking to put a rig in my truck as well as some handheld options. I'm afraid i have found yet another expensive hobby
    Welcome, Justin! Iím pretty much in the same boat, except that you have a better idea what you want to do with your license than I have what I want to do with mine.

Do you have an exam date yet? (Mine is August 2, but it depends on The Weasel cooperating. I imagine you in Arkansas have pet names for your governor too, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by dnwiebe View Post
    Welcome, Justin! Iím pretty much in the same boat, except that you have a better idea what you want to do with your license than I have what I want to do with mine.

Do you have an exam date yet? (Mine is August 2, but it depends on The Weasel cooperating. I imagine you in Arkansas have pet names for your governor too, right?)
    I don't have an exam date. i haven't scheduled one and i haven't looked for one either. i am currently just taking lots of practice tests and then reviewing questions i get wrong.

I should probably go ahead and schedule a date, but i am not real sure who to contact or where to start looking for test dates in my area.

And yes i do have an idea of what i would like to do with them, i just don't know how practical it will be, but i guess it isn't really about practicality.

Hi from UK Justin.
    It's only going to be as expensive as you make it. Plenty used radios on the market to start out with.
    Then after you gain some experience you can then decide what gear you really want to invest in. No point in going out & buying what you think may be the best. Your opinion will change over time. Good thing about buying used is you can recover your money. Can't do that with new. You know what they say about a new car. After you drive it out the showroom.........

Best of luck with those exams.

Jim