Thread: Greetings from Utah

Default Greetings from Utah

Hi. New to the forum and ham. I picked up my technician license last year. My primary intent was to be able to use ham radio for communications with my Jeep group and for emergency prep. I have been using a UV5R for the past year, which has been fine, but will be putting an icom dual band in the Jeep in the next couple of weeks. I am just taking this opportunity to study and learn more.

Default Good progress!

Quote Originally Posted by EricInUtah View Post
    Hi. New to the forum and ham. I picked up my technician license last year. My primary intent was to be able to use ham radio for communications with my Jeep group and for emergency prep. I have been using a UV5R for the past year, which has been fine, but will be putting an icom dual band in the Jeep in the next couple of weeks. I am just taking this opportunity to study and learn more.
    Welcome. You've done well. I just received my first hand held transceiver today. Will study for my technician test.

Hi from UK.
    I am an old ham having sat exam in the 90s.
    But not that old as l also love my 4x4. I also bought a quad band antenna for it, although using it as a base during the lockdown.

Also have a dipole to organise this summer. Retired but still too young to give up.

73 Jim
    Last edited by G7NFP; Tue 21st Apr 2020 at 15:03.