Thread: Hi from Poland

Default Hi from Poland

Hello everyone.

My name is Adrian. My call sign is SP1AD.

I come from Poland and I live in the city of Szczecin where I was born and raised.

I'm mainly interested in amateur radio, electrics, electronics, constructions, cnc metalworking etc.

Best regards, Adrian SP1AD.

Hi Adrian! Nice to meet you, I'm Eric wz7u. I live in extreme northwestern Oregon USA with my wife and collection of critters. Looks like we share many interests including radio.

I pray you and yours can escape this viral stuff going on in our world, and I hope to work you from your mobile some day on the radio. 73! Eric

Hi Eric!
    I am also pleased to welcome you. Of course, to hear from the current pandemic. I work on my radio only from the field. Our authorities estimate that a coronavirus pandemic may take up to two years, so we need to be patient and survive. I wish you all the best and, above all, a lot of health and especially immunity. See you on the ether bands!

Best wishes, Adrian SP1AD.

Quote Originally Posted by SP1AD View Post
    Hello everyone.

My name is Adrian. My call sign is SP1AD.

I come from Poland and I live in the city of Szczecin where I was born and raised.

I'm mainly interested in amateur radio, electrics, electronics, constructions, cnc metalworking etc.

Best regards, Adrian SP1AD.
    Hi Adrian,
    We are also on lockdown in England.
    Perhaps l should get all those radios out their boxes & set up that station that l have been putting off.
    I am fortunate enough to have a garden. Which my workshop is in. A couple of lathes & more tooling than l will ever use.
    Now retired so don't need to worry about loss of earnings. But l am one of the lucky ones. If this virus hit us a few years ago l would be in the front line as l am a nurse by profession.

Radios, electronics, lathes ect is my obsession.
    A few years ago l was making atomisers for the ecig community. Perhaps l should pass my time making a few more. Google "UKVA Maxi". That was one of my creations.

But l don't think we will be running from this virus for 2yrs. A vaccine should be created withing months. Then it's just a matter of mass producing it. Several countries will be involved.

However many people will lose their businesses & countries will no doubt raise our taxes in an effort to recover. But we have recovered from 2 world wars so we will recover from this.

73 from UK
    Jim
    Last edited by G7NFP; Tue 21st Apr 2020 at 15:05.