Thread: Hi from Ohio

Default Hi from Ohio

I live in OH, USA, and passed my Tech exam on 2/23. Got my call sign on the following Wednesday. Starting in mid January I watched W4EEY's tech class videos on YouTube and tested using HamStudy.org. I am now watching W4EEY's videos for the General class and plan on testing for that at the next testing date which is 7 June.

My dad (N5URR) is a ham from as long as I can remember and I remember hanging out in his shack listening to him communicate around the world. Try as I might I could never get code down so now that it is not required I jumped in as soon as life let me.

Look forward to the Forum and to the world as presented my Amateur Radio.

Bill

Congratulations and welcome!

Hi from UK.
    June is drawing closer so we may soon hear your voice coming across the Atlantic.

We have 3 license levels in UK. But the difference is that any licence class can use "all" ham bands. They only restrict the power. IE: 10w for our tech equiv license.

73 Jim

Bill,

Welcome aboard. It's always nice to hear from someone new.

I have had a ham license since 1965, so that's 55 years for me. I upgraded to Extra in 1999. That was a few years before they did away with the Morse testing. But it wasn't a problem. Since the early 80's I use Morse Code almost exclusively. It's easy enough to learn, once you put your mine to it.

Congratulations again. And, I recommend that you extend your studying to the Extra Class license. It's not a lot of extra band space, but it's worth it.
    Martin, K7MEM
    http://www.k7mem.com
    Ash Fork, AZ - 60 miles from the Grand Canyon on Rt-66. Elevation 5,300 ft.