Thread: vehicle mounting options for 2 HTs

Default vehicle mounting options for 2 HTs

So I have a 2009 Ford F150 which doesn't give me a lot of interior room to work with for mounting radios. I have a pedestal mount that I am about to install for the Kenwood TM281 but I have 2 HTs that I also want to have a mounting option for instead of just chunking them into the passenger seat or a cup holder. I bought a seat bolt mount that would allow me to hang both on that but the seat bolt has this ridiculous guard plate that prevents the mount from being able to actually get under the bolt so that doesn't seem to be a thing that will work. I need an option that doesn't involve screwing stuff into the dashboard. I considered one of those CD player mounts but that doesn't seem to be a viable option based on reviews I've seen. Suction cups on the windshield isn't an option either due to a dash-cam, cellphone and during storm spotting activities, having 2 action cameras all on the windshield already. A suction cup on the dash won't work because it's textured and won't allow a good seal. A ram mount in a cup holder MIGHT work if I can get enough clearance from the Kenwood but that isn't looking good at this point. Am I missing another option that doesn't require fabricating something myself because I'm just not set up for that. The seat bolt seriously seems to be the only viable option if I can somehow get that to work. If anyone knows of any other options that I'm missing, please let me know. Thanks

If they're not too heavy, you might be able to use one of those phone holders that clips into an airvent???

Take a look at ProClip: https://www.proclipusa.com/vehicle/d...50-raptor/2009

They have mounts that have mounts that have a plate that you could clip the belt clip on, and are mounts that connect to the central council. They would be a good spot to start.