Thread: Radio Broadcast Istanbul to Manchester

Default Radio Broadcast Istanbul to Manchester

Hello there , I am new to amateur radio and I will get my permission next month.

Now I dont know anything and want to broadcast music to my sister in manchester ,she will listen by her tecsun pl 310 et radio . I am in Istanbul.
    I can virtually do anything.

her radio have 120,90,75,60,49,41,31,25,22,19,16,15,13 meters

I have the same radio and I am now receiving in istanbul , 11810 khz radio china beijing 67/25 S/N 18.42 greenwich time

How much power do I need and which band ? I will need less than 40 dollars sdr transmitter and receiver. I can add a amp. I will broadcast two hours at night. I can communicate with her , which frequencies are null and I can check mine and start to send.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    I can virtually do anything.
    Not quite true.

An Amateur Radio license allows you to engage in two way communication with other radio amateurs and only on specific frequency bands. One way communication, like broadcasting music, is almost certainly not allowed. Go to http://trac.org.tr/amator-telsizcilik/nasil-olunur and read the rules and regulations. I tried to read them myself, but the regulations are not in my language.

her radio have 120,90,75,60,49,41,31,25,22,19,16,15,13 meters

I have the same radio and I am now receiving in istanbul , 11810 khz radio china beijing 67/25 S/N 18.42 greenwich time
    Those are international short wave frequencies. Most of the radio stations in those bands are licensed, by their originating country, to broadcast. And they are under very strict regulations. To get good coverage many of those stations run more than 10-20 Kilowatts. Some use up to 100 Kilowatts. I'm pretty sure that is more than you are allowed to use and probably more than you can set up.

I can communicate with her
    Licensed amateur radio operators are only allowed to communicate with other licensed amateur radio operators. Unless your sister also had a amateur radio license, you will not be able to communicate with her, using your amateur radio status. Again, get familiar with the rules and regulations. An Amateur Radio license does not allow you to do anything you want.
    Martin, K7MEM
    http://www.k7mem.com
    Ash Fork, AZ - 60 miles from the Grand Canyon on Rt-66. Elevation 5,300 ft.

My electric heater consumes 1.5 kilowatts. My transmitter can consume also. And auto amplifier can climb to this number. Is it too difficult to connect sdr transmitter to automobile woofer amp and than connect to antenna ? Does it work ?

And is it possible to direct the antennas output only to west ?

I will play music at the background and speak on it.

What is the actual radio station? Have you check to see if they have an internet page and live stream their broadcasts?

For example, a list if Turkish radio stations can be found (click) here

I picked one station, did a web-search and found it's page İstanbul FM

I don't understand any Turkish, but I will hazard a guess that the box to the lower left of the screen is to live.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My electric heater consumes 1.5 kilowatts. My transmitter can consume also. And auto amplifier can climb to this number. Is it too difficult to connect sdr transmitter to automobile woofer amp and than connect to antenna ? Does it work ?
    Not quite sure what you are describing here, but it is possible to use an audio amplifier for low frequencies, but you won't get the full output power.

And is it possible to direct the antennas output only to west ?
    Yes, using a beam or Yagi antenna.

You will lose your license if you transmit music.

Quote Originally Posted by 5B4AJB View Post
    Not quite sure what you are describing here, but it is possible to use an audio amplifier for low frequencies, but you won't get the full output power.

What is the frequency range which I can use an audio amp ? 20-18000 hz or higher ? Can I send 1.5 kilowatts of transmission to manchester from istanbul? What is the antenna power if I send 1500 watts of electric to antenna via audio amp ?

Yes, using a beam or Yagi antenna.

Is it too difficult to do ? I am on a high hill and on a high building. There is sea and European land in front of me. I have an large balcony. I want to have the smallest yagi antenna which can beam to mancheter.

IS THIS SETUP DANGEROUS TO HEALTH IF I AM 3 METERS DISTANCE TO ANTENNA ?

You will lose your license if you transmit music.

Does music transmission cause interference ?

Does music transmission cause interference ?
    No, not if it's done properly, however, you need a transmitter with enough bandwidth to carry the information. An amateur transceiver is limited to a few kHz, whereas you need a few hundred.

Forget this idea, use the internet instead...

Seriously, you're obviously not a licensed radio amateur and I really don't think you have a broadcast license issued by the Turkish government. I am pretty sure that if you manage to a get a transmitter (which I don't think you will) and you actually transmit something, you will end up in jail.

Just tell your sister to go to www.google.com and type into the search box the words "listen live" plus the name of the radio station she wants to listen to and she will probably find the live stream and be able to listen to it. I do it all the time with UK radio stations.

I will get the license next month , will buy an sdr transmitter and 1500 watts amp and start to talk to the european listeners. My talks would be political and I will talk about how us magazine writers created the scandinavian tale while finland using japanese designers and telling lie to the world for 60 years. Before dreaming sending me to jail , explain why brevih is in luxury. why ? did he do the right thing ?

Look up the thread “ is it just me “

My talks would be political
    Read your license, you will find that it not allowed.

If you search for AM transmitter on eBay, you will find some nice new Chinese transmitters specially built for music, which you don't need an amateur license for...

I think this thread is going no-where. The guy claims he will be getting his "license" next month, but clearly has virtually no technical knowledge about radios. Since the Turkish radio amateur licensing is part CEPT, I would assume this means their requirements are pretty much the same as most other European countries. I really really doubt the OP will be getting an amateur radio license any time soon.

The original thread has also drifted from trying to pipe music to "his sister in Manchester", to making political broadcasts.

This has nothing to do with amateur radio, so I suggest the thread be locked.

Tangmere, Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by OH8GAD View Post
    I think this thread is going no-where. The guy claims he will be getting his "license" next month, but clearly has virtually no technical knowledge about radios. Since the Turkish radio amateur licensing is part CEPT, I would assume this means their requirements are pretty much the same as most other European countries. I really really doubt the OP will be getting an amateur radio license any time soon.

The original thread has also drifted from trying to pipe music to "his sister in Manchester", to making political broadcasts.

This has nothing to do with amateur radio, so I suggest the thread be locked.
    Have to agree, political subjects and music are not amateur radio.
    Pete - 2EFVL
    The QRM Formally Known As M6PAP!!
    www.selseylifeboats.co.uk
    www.amberleymuseum.co.uk