Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: New user question about license

  1. #1

    Default New user question about license

    Hey everyone. New to the ham radio world. My brother gave me a Yaesu ft 25 r as a gift that we could use to communicate while hunting. After doing some research, it looks like we need a license to talk to each other. Is that correct? Sorry if itís been asked a million times. Thanks for your help.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator 5B4AJB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Meneou, Cyprus


    Yes, you should both be licensed (with a callsign) to talk on the amateur bands.

    Getting a license is easy nowadays, find a local radio club and they will help you...

Tags for this Thread


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts