Thread: Is it just me?

Default Is it just me?

Is it just me or does it seem this forum is one of the worst for people posing a question and then disappearing forever? I see many posts where the OP never returns to acknowledge the people that try to help them. Another reflection of current society perhaps?

I doubt it's just this forum; I see this all over. A lack of societal civility IMO. Easy to be that way with anonymity the way it is online.

I don't let it get me. If someone got some value out of anything I say here, there or anywhere, I'm good with it.

But I get your point.

The energy level on this site is extremely low. Perhaps they need to charge more and with graduated levels to appeal to those that the most expensive is best? Yes, I am serious.
    -Jeff NE1U

Ah, teh zed model....

I'm Admin and Moderator on several groups and yes, things can go quiet. I was asked to reply to a comment on one Facebook group and found that there had been one post and two comments since May! And there are plenty of 'one shot' posters on all sorts of groups. They come one, ask the question, get helpful replies but never comment again. I suspect what happens is that they post on several groups and having got the answer on one of them, never bother to come back to the others.

This is one of the quieter groups that I frequent.
    Current radios: VHF/UHF: 2 x Baofeng 2/70 Handhelds. VHF: Kenwood TR9130 2m multimode. HF: Kenwood TS930S-AT
    Home antennas planned: G5RV / G7FEK / end fed wire. 1/2 wave vertical for 10m. 6 element beam for 2m. Vertical collinear for 2/70
    Website for the 'day job': www.andrew-gilbert.com

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG0CCX View Post
    I'm Admin and Moderator on several groups and yes, things can go quiet. I was asked to reply to a comment on one Facebook group and found that there had been one post and two comments since May! And there are plenty of 'one shot' posters on all sorts of groups. They come one, ask the question, get helpful replies but never comment again. I suspect what happens is that they post on several groups and having got the answer on one of them, never bother to come back to the others.

This is one of the quieter groups that I frequent.
    And it was real quiet the last couple of days. So much so that I couldn't even get in...