Thread: Molex 1545 Connect-Disconnect .093 inch pin specs

Default Molex 1545 Connect-Disconnect .093 inch pin specs

These USED to be an ARRL/ARES standardized power connector for low current radios/equipment (although now contested w/ PowerPole, etc.), but some spec sheets on that Molex 1545 series seem to indicate that they work WELL... for about 24+/- "connect-disconnect (plug/unplug?) cycles" ?????

Here it is... "Physical Durability (mating cycles max) 25" [Straight off an ebay seller's spec page]

Pins made of an inferior metal, perchance???

Funny, My Heathkit HW-9 and PSA-9 used these connectors, no??? I never had to change THOSE out that often... When do these connectors need to be changed out? When is it time for the Molex pin extractor tool and replacement???
    Last edited by n4trc; Thu 21st Nov 2019 at 17:10. Reason: details

I googled "Molex 1545 series" and searched quickly thru several Molex web site pages and found nothing with respect to "mating cycles".

Just sayin'
    -Jeff NE1U

This, I think
    0068E381-1DF5-4EE3-8DB5-696DFF0D52F7.jpeg

Sooo.... so far I’ve found three reasonable options for qrp and accys....

1- Molex (more specialized tools, no guarantee w/ pin contacts)

2- Power Pole (ANOTHER specialized tool?), some complaints of arcing contacts with THIS one, too.

3- Faston 250 series crimp spade connectors...I already have the tools (both manual and Greenlee Ratcheting), fairly universal (easy to find parts, ’prepper’), current handling of terminals are more than adequate, but requires artsy, divorced electrical tape ‘dressing’ to prevent shorts
    Last edited by n4trc; Fri 22nd Nov 2019 at 01:12. Reason: Details