Thread: FTM-400DX Scanning Issue

Default FTM-400DX Scanning Issue

I recently picked up a used FTM-400DX to run as a mobile rig. I programed a bunch (about 200 in the areas I normally travel) of my local repeaters into memory. When I am in scan mode sometimes it gets stuck on a repeater. Currently I have the scan function to stop and hold and will just bump the dial to get it to move on if it stops on a weak repeater to get it to continue scanning. My issue comes when sometimes it stops on a repeater and when I bump the dial it will not continue scanning. I have to disable and enable scanning for it to resume. I noticed it mostly does it on NOAA broadcasts but not always. The actual weird part is that it doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes it will get stuck and will not let me bump on a given repeater and other times it does. Thoughts? I am pretty new at this.

When you say "bump the dial" do you mean turning the knob to get past the programmed repeater and get the scan started again? I do this too, but I've never had mine lock up on me like that.

I have no idea what might be causing this and I might suggest a full reset back to factory settings. You can save your programming settings to your computer (I do it with a MicroSD card) and then re-write them to the radio after the reset.

Quote Originally Posted by K6CPO View Post
    When you say "bump the dial" do you mean turning the knob to get past the programmed repeater and get the scan started again? I do this too, but I've never had mine lock up on me like that.

I have no idea what might be causing this and I might suggest a full reset back to factory settings. You can save your programming settings to your computer (I do it with a MicroSD card) and then re-write them to the radio after the reset.
    Thanks for the reply. I figured out my issue. I had somehow uploaded to the SD a couple repeaters listed twice right next to each other. I would turn the dial and it would just go to the next same repeater. *face palm*

Thanks for the reply. It appears that while I was on moderation it didn't like that I was posting multiple posts waiting for moderation and ate a couple posts :/

Anyways, I figured out my issue. I iniveetaly had a couple stations in different areas (that use the same frequency) next to each other in the memory and I didn't notice that the name label was different *face palm*

Quote Originally Posted by MrKiltYou View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I figured out my issue. I had somehow uploaded to the SD a couple repeaters listed twice right next to each other. I would turn the dial and it would just go to the next same repeater. *face palm*
    I'm glad you found a solution to your "problem."