Thread: Oppxun T-M5 programming question

Default Oppxun T-M5 programming question

Hello, can anyone tell me what program I could use to program the Oppxun T-M5 400-480 mhz. mini handheld radio?

Thank you.

I'm taking a wild guess here, but these look like FRS radios. You don't program them. They are channelized and all that is done at the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by K6CPO View Post
    I'm taking a wild guess here, but these look like FRS radios. You don't program them. They are channelized and all that is done at the factory.
    The limited operating instructions that came with the radio state the radio is "PC Programmable" but makes no mention about what software to use. I figured I would be able to use CHIRP to program it but this brand isn't listed as one of the compatible brands on CHIRP.

I think you're asking too much of a radio that was designed for kids. I've looked at pictures and I can't tell where you'd plug in a cable or there's even one available for the radio. I suspect that "PC Programmable" statement is nothing more than marketing hype.

At first glance I agree with K6CPO, with a little looking it appears you can use a uv-5r cable, and program using chirp baofeng bf-888. I am not positive on that, but give it a shot.
    73s, God bless and good day. KD9KVS
    I have a brain injury.
    I am not my brain injury.
    This does not define me.