I'm just getting in to DMR. I have set up in the radio software Digital Contacts, RX groups, Channels and Zones. If I go to one of my contacts on the radio should I hear any chatter if someone is talking or is there something else I need to do. I'm going to be working through a Hot Spot that I set up. I set my hot spot to a simplex freq on my radio. The hot spots says listening after I press transmit but I don't hear any chatter if I go to various contacts. I have contacts like Texas 3148, North America 3, Tri-State 8, and some others. I uploaded the codeplug to the radio and then I go to contacts I see the names and can choose one but I just don't hear anything. Is there anything else I should be doing or can't you listen in like with a repeater.

My radio is a small GD-73 chinese radio and my Hot Spot is a MMDVM Hotspot Spot Radio Station Wifi Digital Voice Modem P25 DMR Hotspot Support YSF Raspberry Pie OLED Antenna. I can connect to my hotspot with no problem using my web browser so I'm assuming it is talking to my home wifi network.

Any help or advice would be appreciated or any Call names and ID's that are good would be also helpful.

Thanks
Rich