Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Shout out to the moderators!!!

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    78

    Default Shout out to the moderators!!!

    Just wanted to take a moment to mention what a great job our moderators do on this forum. So many get cluttered up with politics and and other non radio junk, that they almost become a nuisance. You guys do a great job keeping on topic and keeping it clean. THANK YOU!!!

    Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
    73s, God bless and good day. KD9KVS
    I have a brain injury.
    I am not my brain injury.
    This does not define me.

  2. #2

    Default

    I have to respectfully disagree with you. I appreciate the moderators on all my forums. Here, there have been many obvious rule violations and personal attacks. I have reported several bad posts, and the moderators reacted pretty fast, but moderators should monitor and not have to receive reports of nasty posts in order to do something. I have been astonshisted at the number of bully posts and know-it-all posts that have chased away new members as well as existing members. I rarely visit this forum these days because of the hams that know it all and are quick to flame someone.

  3. #3

    Default

    I don't moderate this forum, but I'm moderator or admin on several others.

    It seems you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. Jump in too fast and you're flamed for being like a police state. Let things take their natural course for a millisecond too long and you're jumped on. It depends on how many mods you have and how many posts you get each day. I mod one forum that's many, many times busier than this one and there's no way we can look at every single post and comment. We do rely to a certain extent on members reporting things, but even then we have to realise that some people may take offence to a post or comment more quickly than others. You have to weigh things up and what you as members do not see are the behind the scenes conversations between mods and admins.

    If anyone thinks they can do a better job than the current incumbents, they should put their name forward........
    Current radios: VHF/UHF: 2 x Baofeng 2/70 Handhelds. VHF: Kenwood TR9130 2m multimode. HF: Kenwood TS930S-AT
    Home antennas planned: G5RV / G7FEK / end fed wire. 1/2 wave vertical for 10m. 6 element beam for 2m. Vertical collinear for 2/70
    Website for the 'day job': www.andrew-gilbert.com

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Essbee, I looked at some of the conversations you have been in and understand your viewpoint, I guess I choose to look over those statements and let them be what they are. That does not mean they are not wrong or should not be made in some cases, but they are what they are.

    Andy, I understand your viewpoint as well. Mine is as far as keeping politics and staying on topic of radio/radio related material. Free speech is a great thing, but do not tell me how much you love or hate our current president when I ask if you know where to get a certain final. (Essbee I realize that did happen in one you are speaking of) but for the most part I feel like things are kept good here. Just like this conversation, we are sharing viewpoints and discussing them, not getting angry and blocking each other.

    My 2 coppers for the day.

    Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
    73s, God bless and good day. KD9KVS
    I have a brain injury.
    I am not my brain injury.
    This does not define me.

  5. #5

    Default Rules. Personal attacks not allowed. Simple.

    Quote Originally Posted by KD9KVS View Post
    Essbee, I looked at some of the conversations you have been in and understand your viewpoint, I guess I choose to look over those statements and let them be what they are. That does not mean they are not wrong or should not be made in some cases, but they are what they are.

    Andy, I understand your viewpoint as well. Mine is as far as keeping politics and staying on topic of radio/radio related material. Free speech is a great thing, but do not tell me how much you love or hate our current president when I ask if you know where to get a certain final. (Essbee I realize that did happen in one you are speaking of) but for the most part I feel like things are kept good here. Just like this conversation, we are sharing viewpoints and discussing them, not getting angry and blocking each other.

    My 2 coppers for the day.

    Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
    I understand your mediation and I appreciate it, but let's just go by commonsense and forum rules.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by essbee View Post
    I understand your mediation and I appreciate it, but let's just go by commonsense and forum rules.
    I could dig that too. ;-)


    Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
    73s, God bless and good day. KD9KVS
    I have a brain injury.
    I am not my brain injury.
    This does not define me.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KD9KVS View Post
    I could dig that too. ;-)


    Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
    I want to elaborate a bit. I have enjoyed this forum for quite a while, and I have learned good stuff here. Lots of knowagleble hams here! What I dislike is that people are constantly being put down and the forum can't grow. It's pretty stagnent. We should welcome everyone regardless of the question asked. We all started somewhere by asking lots of questions. My latest gripe concerns a man who (apparently) ran afoul of the law. It seems he was judged, and paid his debt Let's encourage people rather than diminish them. Mama said if you can't say something nice, just be quiet. I certainly haven't adhered to that always, but it is really good advice.
    Moderators, I do appreciate you guys. Without you, there would not be a forum.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •