Thread: Amp for an MFJ 40 M QRP rig???

Default Amp for an MFJ 40 M QRP rig???

Getting back to Hamming after about 20 years off...I used to run a small qrp rig for 40 meter CW and loved it- Now I'd like a small amp to add a little more power - I'm curious about these Chinese amps you see on Utube and for sale on Ebay/Amazon for only a few dollars.

Do they really work?? Are they worth it or pretty much junk??

Recommendations for a HF amp - maybe 25 Watts or so??

Thanks guys!!

(just wrote element 2 and 3 yesterday and am waiting for a new call sign - had to start over from the beginning as I had expired a few years back. I'd like to have a jump on the ability to transmit)

So this question has been on here for over 20 days, over 200 views and no one will volunteer an answer - not a very active forum section - Thanks (sad face!!)

I figure that most of the folks who read this thread are in the same boat as me... I have no experience dealing with what you are wanting to do or the equipment you are asking about.

You could build an amp with minimal filtering and flaky soldering yourself, or design a really good circuit and have pristine soldering.
    Linears really aren't that complicated, there must be a circuit diagram you can build on out there.

Maybe the lack of replies is a sign that a cheap one isn't the best idea - it will work, but how long it will work is the real question.

Try it, experiment! add filtering!