Thread: QYT 980 Plus Programming Issues

Default QYT 980 Plus Programming Issues

Attempting to program a 980+ using CHIRP and settings for the 8900D without success. Has anyone else encountered this issue? It appears that the radio is not being recognized after plugging into the USB ports on my pc. Thanks in advance for any help

It's possible the 980+ is new enough it's not supported by CHIRP yet. RT Systems writes software for several QYT radios and the 980+ is not listed on their site.

Across five different forums, problems programming an inexpensive Chinese radio with free software seem to outnumber all other radio programming questions. The problem usually exists more with either the cable or the software than the radio. RT Systems writes programming software for a large number of Chinese manufactured radios and while I've never used their software to program a Chinese radio, I have used it on 12 different Yaesu radios and it works flawlessly. I have no doubt it would be the same with the Chinese radios. In other words, "You get what you pay for."

It will program, did you download from the radio first, then put in your desired frequencies then upload? Or is it not reading? Mine did program from chirp, do you have the latest version of chirp? Make sure the radio is powered on and prolific drivers installed.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KD9KVS; Thu 20th Jun 2019 at 22:25.
    73s, God bless and good day. KD9KVS
    I have a brain injury.
    I am not my brain injury.
    This does not define me.

Have you been able to program your radio?
    73s, God bless and good day. KD9KVS
    I have a brain injury.
    I am not my brain injury.
    This does not define me.