Thread: Newbie with antenna questions

Default Newbie with antenna questions

Hello all,

My name is Ian. I recently purchased an inexpensive home brew vertical at a ham flea market.
    It is in 5 sections which screw into each other. The whole thing, when collapsed, fits inside PVC tubing.
    I am at a loss as to how put it all together and attach a cable for my IC-756PRO (also recently purchased).

I took a few photos with my phone, but don't know how to post them here.

Hi from UK.

Thread nearly a year old. But interested to know how you got on with your antenna setup.

You never mention which licence you have. But assume it must be above Tech in USA if you bought an HF radio.

73 Jim

Not sure if/how that applies to my neighbors to the north.

I hope he got it figured out.

I always wondered why there was a "variation" in the spelling in USA. Neighbor = Neighbour (UK), License = Licence (UK).
    We say Tamata you say Tomato
    We say Patata you say Potato

Looks like this lockdown is getting to me. All these weeks imprisoned in a house. My 4x4 sitting outside with a full tank + an additional 16 gallons in the back is a big temptation to go touring. Perhaps up a mountain with the mag mount & one of my mobile HF rigs.
    Our 5yr old grandson who spent nearly every weekend with us since he was born can't understand why l can't fetch him.

On a positive note, the wife & l never argue. In some households they are at each others throat.
    We have lived in this house 6yrs & always seen the neighbours to be a nice couple who got along just fine. However yesterday following an argument (which the whole street must have heard) she was in the back garden after he threw her out. I was speachless.
    Last edited by G7NFP; Sun 26th Apr 2020 at 07:19.

We say "speechless"
    You say "speachless."
    Pat K7KBN
    Semper ubi sub ubi.

Gobsmacked

With only one post, it seems the OP has moved on. Sad, I wanted to know how he got going.

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    With only one post, it seems the OP has moved on. Sad, I wanted to know how he got going.
    It may well be because he got no offer of help after he reached out. Nearly a year had passed before l came across his post.

Noticed the same on several forums.

It's easy to miss a post on a lower volume site and I wish the volume here was higher for this exact reason. It'll get there....

Yes there is every chance that the ham population will grow soon as they are now doing online exams for the tech license your side of the Atlantic & the Foundation licence on my side.

Interesting thread on qrz.com. "UK remotely invigorated online Foundation exams are now operational".
    Thread gone from the potential to cheat, to dynamite in a water tower that housed the ham repeater.

That's how it works over yonder...

I was referring to Sweden. I must admit that l was shocked to hear of how the Swedish public viewed radio hams.
    Perhaps someone should do a study into the best & worst country to be a ham in the 21st century.
    From what l have read in the above mentioned thread on qrz.com, Sweden must be one of the worst countries to be a ham.