Thread: QSL cards and online QSL services

Default QSL cards and online QSL services

I have been trying to register at eQSL.cc for a few days and seem unable to as I don't get the activation e-mails. Is this site accepting new registrations? Do people still online QSL services? I tried contacting the webmaster but despite several messages have had no reply. Is there another such service I might try and register with?

I use Logbook of the World (LoTW) from ARRL. Works pretty well and is becoming more and more accepted. A lot of the recent DXpeditions have used it.

Registration is a bit tedious, but after that it is smooth sailing.

Thanks. Had a look, but it seems that it requires paid for membership. No problem provided the cost is reasonable but I don't see it stated anywhere and they don't seem to accept SWL callsigns. I don't have an amateur radio licence so I guess that counts me out.

You might check your email filters as some on eQSL forums have said they don't get the emails, and find them in their email filters.

Have you tried contacting them ?

Here ya go, contact page for the volunteer support folks.

https://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/...enu--net-15129
    --
    73, Jim/N4AAB got my Extra class license in Aug 10, 2017. Vanity call in Oct, 2014.
    My Ham radio site has no popups, no music, no banners.
    'Through the thorns to the stars' from Ghost-in-the-Shell anime.

Yes, I am aware of e-mail filters. I have no AV filtering of e-mail and have checked my junk mail 'folder'. I receive e-mail into the e-mail address in question on a daily basis so I know that the address works just fine.

Regarding contacting them, I spent quite a bit of time looking in detail at the site to find some kind of contact point, but couldn't find any link or e-mail address for accessing help. This is IMHO a significant mistake that some sites make when they provide a contact address or link only to registered members. The reason for this might be concerns regarding SPAM, but it leaves a potential registrant having problems with the registration process in a catch 22 situation as they can't get help until they register, but since they they can't register they can't get help. Potential members who are having problems registering will be getting frustrated, while the site owner will be completely oblivious and loosing potential members. Its a loose-loose situation.

Generally speaking, I do not have any problems with website registration. However, this is not the first time that this kind of problem has cropped up. In one case I was able to contact the site owner who insisted, seemingly without making any effort to investigate, that it was not their problem and would not assist further. With the other instance I had the same problem as here. I simply could not contact the site owner to get the issue looked at.

As a test I tried part of the registration process using a completely different address on another domain and this time I did immediately get the registration e-mail. Since I cannot use that particular address for the registration, I still cannot complete the registration process, but this test did at least prove that the site could send the registration e-mail to another domain. Given that the original registration e-mail is not reaching me, it would seem that there is a problem somewhere between the website and my ISP, PlusNET. I have therefore logged a ticket with my ISP in the hope that they can investigate and determine whether they have any filtering that could be preventing e-mail from the domain used by registration e-mail reaching them, and/or me.

BTW, thanks for the link, but the page it is taking me to is a tutorial which seems unrelated to this issue?
    Last edited by WaveyDipole; Mon 13th May 2019 at 08:12.

I found out my Internet provider filters emails about 10 years ago. They don't tell me when, nor what, they filter other than they claim its all spam.

They used to filter my password reset requests for other forums. Apparently their filters didn't like the headers or something similar.
    --
    73, Jim/N4AAB got my Extra class license in Aug 10, 2017. Vanity call in Oct, 2014.
    My Ham radio site has no popups, no music, no banners.
    'Through the thorns to the stars' from Ghost-in-the-Shell anime.

Quote Originally Posted by N4AAB View Post
    I found out my Internet provider filters emails about 10 years ago. They don't tell me when, nor what, they filter other than they claim its all spam.

They used to filter my password reset requests for other forums. Apparently their filters didn't like the headers or something similar.
    That's what I figure is going on here. I have been advised that they are investigating but it has now been a couple of weeks since the initial response to the ticket that I opened.