Thread: My new website.

Default My new website.

I'm having a bit of a renaissance with both my amateur radio and web page design. I usually learn better when I have a practical reason for doing something, such as when I tried learning javascript before, but couldn't think of any good purpose to put it to. So, I signed up to a free website hosting service and decided to write-up getting back into playing with radios.

If anyone is interested in having a look at it, I'm open to constructive criticism and the like - I know it is a bit clunky at the moment, as for example, to jump between pages, you have to go back to the main contents page - I am trying to put together some javascript that I can reuse in every page that reads the current page's filename, then adds or subtracts one from the file number and makes a link so that you can go to the next or previous pages. This is instead of having a the same bit of HTML, but with different link addresses on every page.

I guess it is technically a blog, but I don't like most blogs, as they are hard to navigate through, so I have also styled it like an old magazine I used buy back in the mid-80s, but if you're using a small screen, smaller than 800 px, like on a phone, it should collapse to a single, easy to read column.

So, without further ado, I give you: https://oh8gad.neocities.org/

Also, if anyone has any amateur radio related content, i could post it up there.

I have a similar power supply which I lent to my brother last week, got it back today and fixed a loose terminal post, blew out the dust and thought "this has to be over 30 years old"
    You know its old when the only IC is in a socket...

That's a nice mod which I think will go onto my list of stuff to do.

The voltage/ammeter comes from banggood.com and cosys about five Euros. You can get them for 10, 50 and 100 amps.

There are div/li menus that you can put at the top of each page, just below the <,head> part.

Here is a link to the one I use, note there are adverts.

https://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/...enu--net-15129
    Last edited by N4AAB; Thu 9th May 2019 at 17:20. Reason: info
    --
    73, Jim/N4AAB got my Extra class license on Aug 10, 2017. Vanity call in Oct, 2014.
    My Ham radio site has no popups, no music, no banners.
    'Through the thorns to the stars' from Ghost-in-the-Shell anime.