Thread: Cross Band repeater mode with TM-V71A

Default Cross Band repeater mode with TM-V71A

I bought a TM-V71A I guess over a year ago so that I would have a way to operate from a handy-talkie to reach repeaters when I am outside in the yard working or what ever. From the handy-talkie I transmit on a UHF frequency to the TM-V71A and it would output on a VHF Frequency. It functioned very and I only used it in that mode a few times. The other day I put it in cross band repeat mode but it would not output on VHF A side. I have it set in Menu 403 "Cross" and "A-TX". It will output on B side UHF freq. when ever A side VHF receives a signal.
    When B side receives a UHF signal, the S meter responds showing a good signal received but then no output on the VHF side A.
    Cannot figure out what it is I am doing or not doing this time. It is a simple operation to do cross band on the radio but this time it's got me baffled.
    Last edited by K5XOM; Wed 1st May 2019 at 01:02.
    K5XOM

After making the post above, I got it to work. I don't know why but Menu item 517 "Data Band" wasn't set correctly. "ATx and BRx". I didn't think menu 517 had anything to do with the cross band repeat but I guess it does.
    K5XOM

Glad you got it figured out. I’ve had two of them for six years now, one of them has been cross banding the entire time on low power in a non climate controlled location !