Thread: Yaesu FTM-100DR - GPS

Question Yaesu FTM-100DR - GPS

Hello
    I'm using my new Yaesu FTM-100dr as a base station with an outside diamond antenna for the first time. I notice the GPS display in the upper left corner of the screen always points N. If I lift the radio and rotate it still indicates N. It shows I have ten satellites acquired. Is this normal?
    Lenny

Are you moving at all with the unit aside from turning in place? I read a little and it appears to work just as any other GPS, in that some motion in a given direction is needed to obtain bearing. Similar to if you activated the GPS on your phone at a stop sign. It may show you going in the complete opposite direction, until you begin moving. Just my thoughts, also make sure its on automatic and not manual. Good day, and God bless.

KD9KVS

I have a brain injury.
    I am not my brain injury.
    This does not define me

Can you tell me about the automatic and not manual that you referred to? Were can I find that setting?
    Thank you.

https://www.gpscentral.ca/manuals/Ya...0DR_OM_ENG.pdf This is the user manual, GPS is started on p72

press and hold dsp, setup button. select menu option 10, select menu option 19, choose your mode of auto or manual.

God bless and good day.

KD9KVS

I have a brain injury.
    This does not define me.

Thanks a lot for your help. It was in the GPS (auto) position. The coordinates are right on for my location so I know it receiving properly. You must be right about some motion in a given direction is needed to obtain bearing, otherwise how else could it give a proper direction if it had no change in coordinates to compare with.

I am glad it at least has obtained the correct location. Not a problem, glad to be of assistance. 73s

God bless and good day.

KD9KVS

I have a brain injury.
    This does not define me.