Thread: yaesu ftm-400 xdr upgrade

Default yaesu ftm-400 xdr upgrade

Hi all, my name is terry and I have been a radio operator for about 3 yrs, I have a number of rigs my newest being the above. I am trying to locate the firmware upgrade for this particular radio but am having no luck, details are supposed to be on page 57 of the manual but are missing.Without upgrading I cannot use the digital side of the radio as the upgrade is required for this. I hope some one can help and any help would be greatly appreciated, Best 73s Terry.

is what you're looking for here under files?

Thumbs up yaesu ftm 400xdr

Hi, Many Thanks for the reply, It may be there but there are 3 versions, one is AUS one is USA and the other is EXP, I am in England so which one would I need? I am assuming the EXP is export . Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by togzilla View Post
    Hi all, my name is terry and I have been a radio operator for about 3 yrs, I have a number of rigs my newest being the above. I am trying to locate the firmware upgrade for this particular radio but am having no luck, details are supposed to be on page 57 of the manual but are missing.Without upgrading I cannot use the digital side of the radio as the upgrade is required for this. I hope some one can help and any help would be greatly appreciated, Best 73s Terry.
    I don't understand what you mean by "I cannot use the digital side of the radio as the upgrade is required for this." I have an FTM-400XDR that is several years old and has never had the firmware updated. I operate digital all the time with it, both on simplex and through my club's two Fusion repeaters.

Default Yaesu FTM 400 DE

Hi Thanks for the reply, what I meant was that I cannot connect to wires x, I get the message- DTMF ID NOT IN WIRES X SERVER, I have tried to contact Yaesu but they seem to like Ignoring e mails. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by togzilla View Post
    which one...
    Go for the EU version, assuming you have the EU hardware - they're probably all the same hardware but the firmware sets the band limits.

The EXP is likely to be the expanded version which will transmit all over the place...