Thread: Calculate Offset

Default Calculate Offset

Hi guys, I'm new in here and would appreciate a little help or guidance. I have one of those tyt th9000d 2m radio. My issue is trying to figure the out the offset. Most repeater I have seen have a + or -600 for an offset but this one is for my work radio. The technician said he won't touch Chinese radios so I'm left with no radio. So correct me if I'm wrong, the repeater recieves on 164.475 and transmits on 168.495....I have the offset calculated to +4.020 . And the tone is 218.1 . Does any of this make sense? Thanks for any advise.

I two words - you can't.

Unless you find a broadband transmit mod for the radio...

For the sake of the thread name.... you have your offset sign wrong. If the repeater TRANSMITS at 168, you RECEIVE on 168. That means you must transmit on 164, the repeater INPUT. Typically, radios denote offset direction from the receive frequency thus giving you a NEGATIVE offset, not +.

As for whether or not that radio can TX out of the ham bands, no clue. i don't own one. I am in agreement with 5B4AJB regarding the likely necessity of a modification to make that happen. If you already modded it, make the offset -4.020

73!
    Last edited by brandon lind; Sun 13th Jan 2019 at 22:03.

If you're required to use a radio as a condition of employment, the employer is generally required to furnish a legal, certificated radio to all such employees. The technician is absolutely right not to attempt to make a radio something it was never intended to be. What kind of radios do the other employees use?
    Pat K7KBN
    Semper ubi sub ubi.

The tyt th9000d we buy in the UK is TX/RX up to 174MHz. Is the US version limited to ham bands only?

I'd also check that 168.495MHz frequency. 5KHz spacing is a new one for me on repeater splits - they're usually fairly big whole numbers - and if the TX ends in a '5' then the RX normally does too - 4.02Mhz is a very weird split even 4.025MHz, which is a 12.5KHz channelisation would be a bit strange - at least in the UK.