Thread: Really?

Middle of no where. 2 hours from the neasest WalMart & luv it

Default Really?

Ask questions then close the thread before I can answer? Really???

Obviously I have come to the wrong place and have brought up something the "hobbiest" doesn't know about.

My owners manual for these radios I picked up have this warning in the back pages:

Your Icom radio generates RF electromagnetic energy during transmit mode. This radio is designed for and classified as “Occupational Use Only”, meaning it must be used only during the course of employment by individuals aware of the hazards, and the ways to minimize such hazards. This radio is NOT intended for use by the “General Population” in an uncontrolled environment.

Obviously the statements that hamm is for recreational use only is false.

I'm leaving now and sorry for any confusion. Have a great day.

wut? sorry I was in a different timezone and was asleep before the door closed...

Middle of no where. 2 hours from the neasest WalMart & luv it

haha, So was I and that's the sad part about it. The last post on my last thread had it had some questions and when I logged back in, the thread was closed and no more responses could be posted.

Apparently the moderator thought the discussion was tiresome.

I am learning about the ham radio but think I will take my learning elsewhere if the moderators here just close a discussion because they get tired of seeing it.

There has been some good advice that I have seen on this forum but if you ask about an emergency situation, it seems that people get stuck on a "flat tire" or "Armageddon" situation and nothing in between exists. It's funny I think because if that were the reasoning behind having an emergency, then why do hospitals have "emergency" rooms. This is sarcasm for those who are getting offended.

It's apparent that what I am setting up is a "commercial' grade ham radio and yes, our emergency response teams do use these in the area (commercially but non profit) because they are reliable here and the dispatch has one in the office. Just a bit of information for those who think that no one is listening to the ham frequencies.

Like my original post heading said. "Unique Circumstances". Didn't realize how unique my situation really is. I am truly blessed to live out here in God's county away from civilization. Most modern people will never know this situation.

Have a great day everyone. I will stick to the experts with my questions from now on.

I closed the thread, not out of malice or that it was tiresome, but because it was reiterating points already made and somewhat going round in circles.

Several members gave their opinion, which you chose to ignore, reiterating points already made.

With regards to “sticking to experts” I take it that you mean somebody who agrees with you?

Good luck with your quest.

Kind regards,

Phil