Thread: Survey - What type of logbook do you use?

Default Survey - What type of logbook do you use?

I'm just curious. Do you use a paper or electronic logbook? Please answer on SurveyMonkey - Thanks

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/BLRT6KJ

Tangmere, Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom

Welcome to the forum Alan.
    Have clicked the box, QRZ for Me not a DX chaser just work what comes along.
    Pete - 2EFVL
    The QRM Formally Known As M6PAP!!
    www.selseylifeboats.co.uk
    www.amberleymuseum.co.uk

Default Reply

Hi Pete, Thanks for taking the survey, didn't know you were a Mod. Haven't heard you on the net for a while, but then again I've not heard the net for most of the summer, but listen in most weeks.

73, Alan

Just one question? Two answers - so I couldn't complete it. I do not keep a log at all. It's not a requirement nowadays, although most active hams keep one, but not all - like me. When I returned to ham radio and looked at how much had changed, I saw this in the licence.
    The Licence does not require every licensee to maintain a log of all transmissions, though Ofcom may require certain aspects to be recorded in a log from time to time.
    I imagine the requirement for them to ask for a log probably is interference related.

Two options don’t give enough variability, so didn’t complete survey.

I log via QRZ, but have this linked to LOTW as you get more confirmations through there. I then export an .adif which I import into my competition sites, such as FT8DMC.

I also keep a paper log, and have done from the start, but this is more of a “continue as I started” than necessity.

Kind regards,

Phil

Default Survey

There's just one question and 3 possible answers, which one is the best fit for you. If no answer fits you, leave it. Simple.

Tangmere, Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by G4GVB View Post
    Hi Pete, Thanks for taking the survey, didn't know you were a Mod. Haven't heard you on the net for a while, but then again I've not heard the net for most of the summer, but listen in most weeks.

73, Alan
    Alan, Not a net person really and couldn't put up with not hearing the net control so gave up.
    Also fancied a break from the club it was getting a bit of a trek across there, gave about eight years on committee still help out with their special events even tho not a member anymore!
    As for Mod spend a lot of time here and used HamTests to get through the exams so my way of giving something back.
    Used to run a motorsport forum and website before I retired so had plenty of practice!!
    Pete - 2EFVL
    The QRM Formally Known As M6PAP!!
    www.selseylifeboats.co.uk
    www.amberleymuseum.co.uk

Clicked paper since it's my primary method. I do use QRZ logbook as well and someday will upload to LotW.