Thread: TS-440s

Default TS-440s

Any one have any experience with a TS-440S ?

Yes, bought one secondhand 30 years ago, still works well...

Quote Originally Posted by 5B4AJB View Post
    Yes, bought one secondhand 30 years ago, still works well...
    As a tech , so these are a quality rig ?how hard are they to learn to operate?

I know very little about these, this came with the electrical plug on the back , I hope this doesn’t sound dum ,does this wire into a power supply or does it require 120volts?

You can do a Google search and download a copy of the manual. It will have the answers to questions such as this one.
    Pat K7KBN
    Semper ubi sub ubi.

Quote Originally Posted by sallisawfireman View Post
    As a tech , so these are a quality rig ?how hard are they to learn to operate?
    Its a "medium" functionality radio, built to a high standard. You really should have a manual for it.
    They require a 12 Volt supply of at least 20 Ampere - try to find a linear type as opposed to a switch-mode type.

Almost all of the available controls will see regular use, unlike many modern types with heaps of filter options you will rarely use - really quite easy & quick to use once you understand them, again, the manual will help here.

I think I paid around 500 back then, which was a lot. It was enough to buy a brand new Yaesu, but the Kenwood has been worth every single penny...

Quote Originally Posted by 5B4AJB View Post
    Its a "medium" functionality radio, built to a high standard. You really should have a manual for it.
    They require a 12 Volt supply of at least 20 Ampere - try to find a linear type as opposed to a switch-mode type.

Almost all of the available controls will see regular use, unlike many modern types with heaps of filter options you will rarely use - really quite easy & quick to use once you understand them, again, the manual will help here.

I think I paid around 500 back then, which was a lot. It was enough to buy a brand new Yaesu, but the Kenwood has been worth every single penny...
    Thanks for the information