Thread: Hello to the Group

Default Hello to the Group

Hello everyone. Just wanted to say hi. Just passed my tech exam a couple of weeks ago. Probably going to take the general this weekend. Been talking a little on an HT on a local 2m repeater, but I am looking to get a 2m mobile set up in my car soon and a base station at home. The end goal is to get my wife licensed as well and have radio as a back up communication plan. I spend a lot of time on the road with my job and I would feel safer knowing that I had a second way to get a signal home.

Plus there's a fun community around it all that I can't believe I've never been a part of. I'm also a big fan of RC and I'm looking forward to finding out what kinds of new things I can do with that now that I'm licensed.

Anyways, just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. 73

KI5BUC

Hello,

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your exam pass.

2m has different levels of popularity, dependant upon location, but is certainly a usefu band. Pity it is under utilised in some areas.

Once you move up the levels, and try HF, the world is your oyster.

Kind regards,

Phil

welcome to the hobby and the forum. Have fun.

Welcome in, glad you could make it. Most here are very helpful to new comers, so fear not the "silly" question.

Congratulations David! Get the General, it will expand the possibilities. 73!