Thread: TS-590 Hookup for PSK31

Default TS-590 Hookup for PSK31

Can anyone help with hookup of TS-590SG for PSK31? I've read page 71 of the manual, but it's not very clear. The diagram shows connections to both the USB port and the ACC2 port... and I gather I have a choice of one or the other. p. 71 says I can operate with only a USB connection. I have downloaded the virtual COMM port software, but have not yet tried to install it.

Anyone know of a detailed description web page? Any thoughts on choice of PSK software? I have only used DigiPan in the past. Many thanks, Dave AC4BN

You're correct in that it's an either/or connection illustration on page 71. USB is the slick way to go and you already have the driver and DigiPan. You're set!

Default Receive works, transmit does not

Quote Originally Posted by Ots View Post
    You're correct in that it's an either/or connection illustration on page 71. USB is the slick way to go and you already have the driver and DigiPan. You're set!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Okay, next step! Wonder if someone can help with my setup of TS-590 for PSK. Iím using USB, and I installed the virtual COM port... and receive works just fine (am using DigiPan). On Device Manager I found Ports/Silicon Labs CP210X USB to URART Bridge Com 3. That looks correct to me.

Transmit does not work (Iíve used DigiPan in the past so am familiar with it). In the menu I have set/checked following:
    69 USB 70 Rear 71 audio level USB input data (4) 72 audio level USB output (4) 76 Data VOX on

In DigiPan I set Configure/Serial Port to COM 3 with check marks on RTS and DTR both to PTT.

Any ideas of what Iíve overlooked? Or got wrong?? Many thanks, Dave AC4BN

Default Found problem

I found the problem with keying the transmitter in PSK mode. I usually work CW and simply hit the DATA button. I did not realize that I had to switch to USB! Of course I knew that PSK was USB, but wasnít thinking... assumed ĎDATAí would include PSK data. Got it going now. I guess itís better to make a simple, stupid mistake, than a complicated clever mistake! Many thanks to all responders!! Dave AC4BN