Thread: Hello and thanks up front

Default Hello and thanks up front

Greetings to all from Kenton Ohio. I am returning to the amateur community after allowing my original license to lapse. I found out that by taking the tech exam I could get my old license (not call) back. So here I am and I am digging out some old equipment. Some of it seems to have died on the shelf. So I'm doing a little shopping. I'm surveying my property to see where I might install a multi band dipole of some sort. I already have a "cave" where I go to smoke an occasional cigar when the weather gets too cold so all I need to do is build some sort of shelf or stacked desk to accommodate an HF rig and voila, I have a cave/shack. Hope to get back on the air soon.
    73's and CUL
    de K8KJB

Smile Welcome back

Quote Originally Posted by krazeehorse View Post
    Greetings to all from Kenton Ohio. I am returning to the amateur community after allowing my original license to lapse. I found out that by taking the tech exam I could get my old license (not call) back. So here I am and I am digging out some old equipment. Some of it seems to have died on the shelf. So I'm doing a little shopping. I'm surveying my property to see where I might install a multi band dipole of some sort. I already have a "cave" where I go to smoke an occasional cigar when the weather gets too cold so all I need to do is build some sort of shelf or stacked desk to accommodate an HF rig and voila, I have a cave/shack. Hope to get back on the air soon.
    73's and CUL
    de K8KJB
    Nothing is as exciting as coming back to Ham Radio. The pundits claim the hobby is dying. Far from it .... just look at the exciting new things happening. Yes start with an expensive transceiver (like the FT-450D) and get something up in the air to radiate. Explore the new digital modes. Welcome back to a great hobby!

I have a TS440 with at but the display on it flashes everything in there and no knob or button affects it except on and off. I found a deal on another one with a power supply and it has the filters in it which mine does not. I also have a Paragon boxed up that had one band inoperative I think when I put it away. Who knows what died on it sitting around. But I will have it looked at too. Hope it can be saved. I have the matching PS and tuner for it. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by krazeehorse View Post
    I have a TS440 with at but the display on it flashes...
    Might be a sign of low Voltage into the radio.
    You could also try a reset - hold A=B and power on the radio - WARNING all your memories will be lost!