Thread: Baofeng UV-5R

Default Baofeng UV-5R

So I got one of these (for no special reason) and do I get this right - you have to enter the repeater offset manually each time you change frequency if the offset reverses 'polarity?'

I'm trying to transmit on 147.21 (repeater) with a + .6 MHz offset and NOBODY can hear me. I figure I've gotta be doing something wrong.

OK - today I did receive a response from someone. Transmission wasn't too clear but at least I was heard!

No, you can set the repeater offset to whatever you need. Mine is set for TX @ -600 kHz from the RX frequency. I've forgotten how to do it, but it was pretty easy to find. But now my screen is broken, as it got run over by a car. It still works otherwise, though.

Default Use C.H.I.R.P

I have found that CHIRP is the fastest and the easiest way to manipulate your radio. The Baofeng cable is $20 but with the codecs being on the cable you don't have to run down codecs..

Thank you, just had one delivered and waiting on tenterhooks for it to charge!
    I've downloaded the latest version of Chirp and ordered the cable directly from Bao Feng as there seem to be mixed reports about the Amazon cables.
    Still astonished about the size, or lack of it, of the Radio.
    peter, G6KYB