Thread: Keying CW On A FTDX5000 Using USB-RS323 ??

Default Keying CW On A FTDX5000 Using USB-RS323 ??

Hi All,

Recently, I purchased a new FTDX5000 and is now my main radio.
    I am a keen CW'er but have been away from it for a number of years now.
    I am also evaluating Ham Radio Deluxe to look after Rig Control as well ask working the digital modes.
    To assist me in the digital modes, I bought the SCU-17 thinking that it would control my the CW Keyer within the 5000, but i was wrong, all it does is control the PTT when using the digital modes (RTTY, PSK31,...)
    So, I needed a way of keying the key on the 5000 when in CW Mode from HRD.

What I have decided to do is use a USB-RS323 Converter and tell HRD to use this comm port.

The question is, Pin-5 is Ground. Using a PNP, do I use Pin-4 to turn the PNP on thus keying there key????

Pete VK4CCV

Do you have switch something on in the settings? I have to press a key to set the keyer to on. I use it with a program called CW - Type.
    I'm leaving now to go find myself....if I arrive before I get back, please ask me to wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Sudden View Post
    Do you have switch something on in the settings? I have to press a key to set the keyer to on. I use it with a program called CW - Type.
    Hi Sudden,

I would have thought that by telling HRD what Port it's on and chasing RTS or DTS, that would be all that's needed?

According to the manual page 24 there is a on/off swich item 48 on the face panel.
    I'm leaving now to go find myself....if I arrive before I get back, please ask me to wait!