Thread: Nagoya antennas

Default Nagoya antennas

I currently have a baofeng UV-5R2V+. I have had it for nearly three days now and am fairly pleased with it. I have been exploring frequencies around my area and have attempted to listen to a few of them. However I feel the rubber duck antenna included with the radio could possibly used an upgrade. What antenna can be recommended? Here are a few things I have been looking at for considerations.

https://www.amazon.com/Authentic-Gen...2Bantenna&th=1

I figured upgraded the current antenna with this particular one from amazon. I feel it is a good antenna for the portability and mobility.

I also do not mind a base antenna that is currently available on amazon as well. If you have any recommendations of those please feel free to list all you can recommend. I feel it will be best to purchase the antenna after obtaining the FCC technician license.

The 701 and 771 are both good aerials, I have 2 x 771s on my handhelds. However, there are several mounting variations, so double check you are getting the right one.

There are many fake Nagoya’s around, even on Amazon, so it might be wise to check and double check. Purchasing directly from a reputable radio shop should guarantee aunthenticity.

You can read more here:-

http://www.nagoya.com.tw/en/news-314...e-antenna.html

Kind regards,

Phil

If you can stand the British accent - I reviewed lots of antennas, and came to the conclusion very few were wonderful, and a few good for certain bands.

A friend of mine bought one of those antennas.

It is a perfect antenna for a jag-off.. A $3 antenna for a $30 radio...

Radio fell off the counter, antenna broke, end of story..

Your money would be better spend buying yourself a good 50 watt mobile, a base station antenna and a power supply.

Walkie Talkies are great for public service type functions or keeping track of friends at a hamfest, but are crappy if it is all you got and you want to play ham radio..

I would like to kick who ever said all you need is a walkie talkie to be a ham - in the nuts..

Ive now got a big pile of antennas after doing those tests, and guess what. None of my radios have anything on them apart from the ones they came with because the size is just more convenient!

Quote Originally Posted by Sixmeters View Post
    A friend of mine bought one of those antennas.

It is a perfect antenna for a jag-off.. A $3 antenna for a $30 radio...

Radio fell off the counter, antenna broke, end of story..

Your money would be better spend buying yourself a good 50 watt mobile, a base station antenna and a power supply.

Walkie Talkies are great for public service type functions or keeping track of friends at a hamfest, but are crappy if it is all you got and you want to play ham radio..

I would like to kick who ever said all you need is a walkie talkie to be a ham - in the nuts..
    Tell him how you really feel, without all the 'Get Off My Lawn' verbiage.