Thread: Ham Radio Delux and Bluetooth

Default Ham Radio Delux and Bluetooth

Hi, Has anyone used Ham Radio Delux with Bluetooth.
    Just because it looked interesting I bought a Bluetooth dongle to work with my FT-897 and apart from it pairs with my phone and both computers.
    What else can I get it to do?
    I'm leaving now to go find myself....if I arrive before I get back, please ask me to wait!

I have a FT-857 that I operate in a camper. The unit itself is mounted in the camper, and I use the remote head either inside or outside. The dongle just eliminates the cable so that my laptop can go anywhere within bluetooth range with no wires at all. I then use all the features of HRD on my laptop - cluster, logging, QRZ lookup, etc.

Hi essbee, Thanks for the reply. What settings do you use in the HRD program?
    I'm leaving now to go find myself....if I arrive before I get back, please ask me to wait!

Before the Bluetooth dongle, I was successfully using HRD with the interface cable between laptop and transceiver with these settings;
    Speed 38400
    CTS = Off
    DTR = Off
    RTS = Off
    My COM Port was COM3, of course your's might be different.

When I replaced the cable with the Bluetooth dongle, all I did was pair the laptop to the dongle. I don't remember needing to do anything in HRD for Bluetooth to work.

The Bluetooth dongle is specific to the transceiver make and model. I found mine on ebay.