Thread: ECHOLINK (SYSOP MODE) & KENWOOD TH-V71A - NO AUDIO TO RADIO

Default ECHOLINK (SYSOP MODE) & KENWOOD TH-V71A - NO AUDIO TO RADIO

I have a Kenwood TM-V71A and I am trying to create a internet gateway using Echolink in Sysop mode.
    My problem is that although the system is connecting and disconnecting okay, I am hearing nothing either through the TM-V71A speaker(s) or through the hand-held's speaker that I am using to get onto Echolink. If I remove the plug from from the speaker/headphones connection of the PC I can hear (for example ECHOTEST) talking to me, but if I reconnect the plug to the speaker/headphones connection, I can hear nothing.
    As far as I can tell I have followed all the instructions and ensured that Echolink can work through my router.
    Possibly there is some some setting in the TM-V71A that is not allowing audio through the speakers.
    If I use the crossband repeater function of the TM-V71A with a hand-held, I can operate no problem and here the audio on the hand-held without any problem.
    Any ideas or has anyone else encountered this?

Many Thanks

Robert (GM0CSN)

Hi,
    I am still trying to get the Echolink gateway setup and the problem is still that the audio from Echolink is "leaving" the headphones connection of the laptop (if I disconnect the lead I can hear it), but does not appear through the TM-V71A.
    I am thinking, is there possibly a setting of the TM-V71A which is muting or turning off the audio that is travelling through the PG-5H cables?
    I can have a QSO on echolink by talking into my hand-held and listening to the speaker of the laptop, so all that is working, but sitting next to the laptop defeats the point of having the gateway setup.

Any ideas greatly received.

Robert (GM0CSN)