Thread: FT-70 Select Memory Bank to Scan

Default FT-70 Select Memory Bank to Scan

I have frequencies programmed into memory banks 1 and 2. Pressing "F" then "scan" will cause the radio to scan both memory banks. I am trying to only scan one of the memory banks, but just can't get it to work. If I press "v/m" to enter memory mode, then press "band", it displays "no bank". That means no memory channel is registered. I have the bank numbers checked in the programming software and have tried setting them manually via the keypad. I must be missing something.

Have you downloaded the "Advance Manual" from the Yaesu website? The information you're looking for starts on Page 15 of that manual.

I printed out the advanced manual and have it if front of me.
    "Registering to Memory Banks" works, but the next step, "Open the Memory Bank Display" does not. When I press the BAND key to change to memory bank display it says "NO BANK".
    I can download the data from the FT-70 to the ADMS-10 software and it shows memory channels assigned to two different banks. I would like to be able to scan the banks independently, but can not get it to work.

Going over the manual again, and watching a youtube video of someone switching between banks, I found my operating error by watching his keying.

Glad to see you got it sorted out.

For the most part, I find YouTube to be quite helpful. For example, I learned how to change the disc brake rotors on my truck there. You have to be careful, however and filter the videos to eliminate the would-be filmmakers that can't hold the camera steady and videos with bad information.