Thread: FT-70 Select Memory Bank to Scan

Default FT-70 Select Memory Bank to Scan

I have frequencies programmed into memory banks 1 and 2. Pressing "F" then "scan" will cause the radio to scan both memory banks. I am trying to only scan one of the memory banks, but just can't get it to work. If I press "v/m" to enter memory mode, then press "band", it displays "no bank". That means no memory channel is registered. I have the bank numbers checked in the programming software and have tried setting them manually via the keypad. I must be missing something.

Have you downloaded the "Advance Manual" from the Yaesu website? The information you're looking for starts on Page 15 of that manual.

I printed out the advanced manual and have it if front of me.
    "Registering to Memory Banks" works, but the next step, "Open the Memory Bank Display" does not. When I press the BAND key to change to memory bank display it says "NO BANK".
    I can download the data from the FT-70 to the ADMS-10 software and it shows memory channels assigned to two different banks. I would like to be able to scan the banks independently, but can not get it to work.

Going over the manual again, and watching a youtube video of someone switching between banks, I found my operating error by watching his keying.

Glad to see you got it sorted out.

For the most part, I find YouTube to be quite helpful. For example, I learned how to change the disc brake rotors on my truck there. You have to be careful, however and filter the videos to eliminate the would-be filmmakers that can't hold the camera steady and videos with bad information.

Default FT-70D Memory Bank Scan

Quote Originally Posted by KC3KSB View Post
    Going over the manual again, and watching a youtube video of someone switching between banks, I found my operating error by watching his keying.
    From your initial post, it looked like there were two issues going on. The first was getting memory banks programmed successfully to the radio and being able to recall them. The second was scanning within a memory bank.

If I follow the thread, you solved the first one but not the second one.

For the first issue, I also had intermittent success programming and being able to recall memory banks using the ADMS-10 software supplied by Yaesu. After some google searching, I found others reporting short comings with ADMS-10. I have since purchased the RT Systems programming software and cable for this radio and I now have good success programming and recalling memory channels and memory banks.

But I am not able to scan within a memory bank. The Yaesu Operating Manual mentions a scanning function called "Memory Bank Scan" on page 27 and it refers the reader to the Advanced Manual for details. When I check the Advanced Manual, I do not see reference to "Memory Bank Scan".

If I have my radio on Memory Mode, then select a Memory Bank, then initiate scanning with [F] then [2](SCAN), all memory channels are scanned. What I expect is that scanning will only scan within the selected memory bank. If I were to press the [BAND] to show "Memory" then initiate scanning, I would expect to scan within all memory channels.