Thread: My setup

Default My setup

Here is my setup. The roll top desk shack in the den. :-)

The Hustler 5BTV out back.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I can tell that as a ham operator, you suck. The shack is way too neat, no operating ham has a shack that is anywhere near that organized. Hi Hi de KK5UG

My shack has never looked like that. Even when I first started. It has cables hanging out in front of the radios because I keep trying diiferent modes and new connections for operating said modes via the computer. Besides that I would never find anything if it was tidy.
    I'm leaving now to go find myself....if I arrive before I get back, please ask me to wait!

This fella looks to be interested in the wrong direction.
    18011062_1406891019374917_1827073054153612921_n.jpg
    Last edited by MitchellB; Tue 6th Feb 2018 at 13:48. Reason: pic did not show up only the link

I've never been accused of being too neat before. I guess it is the small space. I also use this as a desk as well. Spend alot of time there after work.

:-)

currentshack.jpg

my current shack set up after cleaning up for pic and before actual use

office shack.jpg
    this is what I use at work in my office for lunch time and slow periods to play ham radio with...at work I mostly do digital so as to keep the noise down for folks down the hall

Quote Originally Posted by Obed View Post
    office shack.jpg
    this is what I use at work in my office for lunch time and slow periods to play ham radio with...at work I mostly do digital so as to keep the noise down for folks down the hall
    Now that is what I need at work! How do you get work done with that calling you all day? :-) Very cool that you can actually have that at work! How did you negotiate that?

Very nice stations!

Quote Originally Posted by Obed View Post
    currentshack.jpg

my current shack set up after cleaning up for pic and before actual use
    Yeah sure... I bet it always looks that neat! ;-) Very nice setup!

Quote Originally Posted by flboy View Post
    Now that is what I need at work! How do you get work done with that calling you all day? :-) Very cool that you can actually have that at work! How did you negotiate that?

Very nice stations!

Mostly because I am the department head and the fact that I could have retired a few years back... so, to keep me around they sort of let me do what I want to do as long as what needs to get done, gets done. There are some benefits to being older than dirt.

You should have spent your money on a resonant antenna vs on that big black box sitting on your desk..

Quote Originally Posted by Sixmeters View Post
    You should have spent your money on a resonant antenna vs on that big black box sitting on your desk..
    Sixmeters, it seems that once again you exhibit your knack for giving advice on things you know nothing about.
    It just so happens I do have resonant antennas. I have an 8 element LGPD that needs no tuner on 10-20 meters. I have a dipole that is resonant on 40 meters and a dipole that is resonant on 80 meters....but it does not really matter. I have the right, as does anyone, to spend their money and enjoy their hobby in anyway they choose. No one needs to satisfy you. I do give advice at times, but I wait for it to be asked for.

An antenna tuner is also very useful in an Ecomm situation where the hurricane has blown everything down or damaged it and all you can get up in the air quickly to cover a few bands is a random length wire . Ask me how I know this.

I have had good results experimenting with various wire antennas for multiband operation and qrp radio while camping also. It doesn't have to be perfect to make the contacts and have fun... just want the radio happy and protect the finals while trying various setups. I have also noticed when I move a resonant dipole to new surroundings, heights and etc.. sometimes the SWR changes a bit... then back to making the radio happy instead of cutting on a temporary setup.

All part of the hobby.

Last edited by flboy; Wed 14th Feb 2018 at 14:47.

Looks good! Tidy and good use of a small area. I had a similar setup...