Thread: What type of radio do I need? newbie here

Default What type of radio do I need? newbie here

Im gonna be using 138.250 & 136.25 in a hunting club running dogs
    I know one of the radios one the guys use is a yaesu fm transceiver ft 1900r

when searching for one what do I need to be search for? fm transceivers, ham radios, mobile radios do not know the lingo. Im sure I'll be asking more questions. I'm a diy guy.

If you are in the US, those two frequencies are allocated for aeronautical use. You shouldn't be using them. Also, that FT-1900R would have to have been illegally modified to transmit on those frequencies. The FT-1900R is an amateur only transceiver and as it comes from the factory will not transmit on those frequencies.

Looks to be in the US...

Another bootlegger question. What has happened

That's why I'm here I have no idea what the channels are for. I believe it's been like this for years. And there are probably over 100 radios that use this set up. Anymore info?

That's why I'm here. I dont know all the details. I can't tell ya but I do know it's been like that for a while and probably 60+ radios use these channels on a frequent basis. During hunting season. I don't see why a Business would put their self on the line like that.