Thread: Getting the feeder coax into the house

Default Getting the feeder coax into the house

Hi,
    Can anyone suggest the best way to get the coax from my dipole into the house without leaving any visible holes in walls/window frames etc? I could probably feed it through the corner of a window and still just about shut the window but I guess it's not too good for the coax it to be squeezed quite that much!

there are lots of ways to do that.
    If you want to use a window, MFJ makes a piece that fits in the window frame. Set in place, close the window and go.
    Other folks make plates that you can put in place in of a vent... lots of methods...check the MFJ site for those.
    Other folks make other devices...a call to HRO, DX Engineers and Giga Parts should yield you other options as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Obed View Post
    a call to HRO, DX Engineers and Giga Parts should yield you other options as well.
    none of those shops are in the UK
    73 de Biton - m0wao - echolink 633710
    Icom IC-7000
    dx-code

Quote Originally Posted by M0WAO View Post
    none of those shops are in the UK
    you got me, I did not look at his location...I don't see why they would not ship to the UK, they are online sales companies...though they all do have brick and mortar stores here in the states united.

Take a piece of plywood scrap, make it fit at the dimension of where your window closes up to the sill, drill some holes in it for your coax to enter, seal the entire affair and you're off. Maybe have to put a piece of packing tape along the slightly open area at the other end of the window, but hey; better than making the yl all mad about putting a 13mm hole through the wall, right?

Default KF7P Entrance Panel Box

I just had one of these installed at my QTH, and it is absolutely fantastic! www.kf7p.com

Chris is outstanding- excellent to do business with. You end up with a completely sealed box on the outside of your house, and the coax runs through a 3 inch hole into your shack. IMO, there is no better solution!

'73,

Somehow, I doubt Chris is going to go to the UK for an install. But I bet he would send one that way.

Default I didn't mean that---

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    Somehow, I doubt Chris is going to go to the UK for an install. But I bet he would send one that way.
    I didn't mean to have Chris install it. Chris sent it to me, and I had a local electrician install it. It took all of an hour and a half, and only cost me $150. Worth every penny! (to me anyway...)

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    Take a piece of plywood scrap, make it fit at the dimension of where your window closes up to the sill, drill some holes in it for your coax to enter, seal the entire affair and you're off. Maybe have to put a piece of packing tape along the slightly open area at the other end of the window, but hey; better than making the yl all mad about putting a 13mm hole through the wall, right?
    That's basically what I did, except that I added sheet metal to both sides and then put barrel connectors through the wood and metal. I also added screw-on caps for weather proofing of unused connectors.

Quote Originally Posted by 2511382 View Post
    I didn't mean to have Chris install it. Chris sent it to me, and I had a local electrician install it. It took all of an hour and a half, and only cost me $150. Worth every penny! (to me anyway...)
    I figured as much, but I wanted to be sure.

Default Coax through window

In keeping with a "simple" theme. Get a piece of foam. I use a kiddy swimming noodles. Lay the coax on the foam and shut the window. I am assuming double hung windows.

I just drilled a hole in the wall ( my house is wood framed), but mounted a weatherproof outlet box on the wall outside over the hole and inside I put an outlet cover that accepts push through cables like used for wall mount tv's. I didn't have a window nearby and the wall was closest to feedpoints outside, ground rod, etc.. I have 3 coaxials and a ground cable pushed out through it so far.

Others mentioned the MFJ window feeds... I think those look nice, if you have a window nearby to accomodate it. Lots of good ideas shared.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk