Thread: Answers i cant find on google... Please read

Default Answers i cant find on google... Please read

Hello
    Im new to ham radios. Ill start by explaining why i have questions. I belong to a great group of off roaders who trail ride. Occasionally we do rides to raise money for different charities and usually these rides in 5 to 10 mile area. Everyone communicates with vhf radios and they all buy these from the same place so i believe they are all programmed the same. I cant afford to buy the radio from the same place but found the exact same radio they sell (just branded different) at a much lower cost. Radio is identical along with same specs and vhf Mhz range
    Will these radios communicate out of the box??? Or do i need to program this radio for the same frequencies? I have the frequency list from there radios. The channels they use are all simplex.

Unless you give us more specific information ie. model numbers of the radios in question, we can't help you.

-b

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yup, there is that.

But in general, you would have to make sure all radios are programmed for the same frequency at the very least. Assuming this is in the FRS/GMRS ranges, shouldn't be a big deal. Have someone in the group help you figure out the frequencies and other details. If you can provide some extra, necessary info that would be great. Have fun!

Don't forget they may be using CTCSS tones too. If they are using stock frequencies that are legit for your area they could be already in the radio, but non guarantee a different radio has them exactly the same. Many radios come totally empty!