Thread: NESDR Mini 2

Default NESDR Mini 2

I purchased this device from Amazon thinking I could try out SDR, however after installing it i quickly found that I do not know what I am doing. I thought it might set itself up and I just had to select a channel to listen to. The full name of this software is NooElec Nesdr Mini 2. looking online I did not find any user friendly information that the uneducated could use. I just wanted my Ham fix. Is there anyone on this forum that could help me with the install and setup or could you recommend a different software package that is more idiot friendly. Whether you answer or not have a Merry Christmas.
    Regards,
    Don

Isnt there anyone that can answer this question. I thought this was the correct forum to ask this question and do to the title I thought someone on it would be capable. Where does on go on this forum for this answer?
    Regards,
    Don

can't give you an answer as never heard of it, sorry

73 de Biton - m0wao - echolink 633710
    Elecraft K2
    dx-code

OK, this is common in the of world of "Plug 'n' Play", when you come across something that seems to be but isn't...
    I too have never heard of it until this post, but let's see if we can get you up and running.

Forgive me if I'm saying things that you have already done, but we need to start somewhere. Also, going over things again can often show something has been missed.
    First off, have you read through all the instructions either in the manual (if there was one) or on the supplier's website?
    If you go to the webpage for the product: http://www.nooelec.com/store/sdr/sdr...2u-r820t2.html
    Scroll down the page to where there are four "tabs" Description, Additional Info, Reviews and Downloads.
    Click on Downloads.
    Scroll down to "Manual" "NESDR Installation Guide"
    The page is titled "Getting Started with NESDR"

Download the driver: "NESDR Driver Installer for Windows (Size: 4.9 MB)"
    Then follow the instructions given.

It then says "Hey, you made it, congratulations! You are ready to get started with your NESDR.", so I'm assuming it should now work!

Please post back what happens, good or not so good...