Thanks
    Fred G1SCY

I have heard good things about this one
    https://m0ukd.com/homebrew/2n6084-14...wer-amplifier/

Quote Originally Posted by paulears View Post
    I have heard good things about this one
    https://m0ukd.com/homebrew/2n6084-14...wer-amplifier/
    Paul,

That's not a 2 meter Linear Amplifier circuit .... it's a Class "C" FM Amplifier and Fred requested a Linear Amplifier circuit for SSB / AM operation.

Dan
    WA9WVX

Quote Originally Posted by G1SCY View Post
    Any one got a Cct diagram for a VHF (2metre) Linear amp please
    Thanks
    Fred G1SCY
    Hello Fred,

Since you didn't specify how much RF Power Input / Output that you wanted for a 2 meter Linear Amplifier, I'm providing a webpage with several different RF Power Output Levels:

http://www.qsl.net/va3iul/Homebrew_R...n_Ideas.htm#RF Power Amplifiers

Good Luck on your choice.

Dan
    WA9WVX

Sorry lets be specific.
    I have trawled the T'internet and found a few but known convince me they are any good.
    I really want a Linear amp to hang of the back of my FT290MkII and there are no FL2025s about so....
    So O/P at the moment is about 4 watts I believe
    Thanks
    Fred G1SCY

Quote Originally Posted by G1SCY View Post
    Sorry lets be specific.
    I have trawled the T'internet and found a few but known convince me they are any good.
    I really want a Linear amp to hang of the back of my FT290MkII and there are no FL2025s about so....
    So O/P at the moment is about 4 watts I believe
    Thanks
    Fred G1SCY
    Hello Fred,

I probably should have provided the following W6PQL website in my last reply. This gentleman knows what he's talking about when it comes to Solid State HF / VHF / UHF / Microwave Frequency Bands SSB / FM Linear RF Amplifiers as I have corresponded with him. I seen many hams that have purchased his kits from around the world and they all end up looking like they were professionally built ... as good as anything I've seen while being employed for Motorola in Schaumburg, Illinois. First Class all the way. Here's W6PQL's website: http://www.w6pql.com/2_meter_80w_all_mode_amplifier.htm BTW, 80 RF Watts Output is a respectable signal on 2 m SSB & FM!

Dan
    WA9WVX

Thanks Dan. I added that to my cornucopia of data in the hopes that someday I can put one of those together. Looks like it would make for a fun kit, provided these old eyes hold out that long.

Hello Eric,

Well, my thoughts on the 80 W Solid State Linear Amplifier for 2 meters are positive, in fact a local Commercial RF Amplifier Company uses these modules for building 80 up to 200 W RF Mobile Amplifiers for the Commercial Market ONLY. They also use a different scheme for attenuating the RF Input Signal and use Wilkinson Power Dividers / Combiners internal to their amplifiers.

If you're in good health now, I cannot see why you would be worried about your eyesight after you retire and they're still using the most modern technology for removing Cataracts and placing implant Lenses into your eyes. My XYL and I have had it done on both of our eyes. And the wonderful thing about these Lenses, You can read the smallest printed information like you did in your teens! My XYL told me on our trip home, that with her glasses she could tell there was a line at the bottom of the chart but she said, You were reading what was on that line!

Ah Yes, it helps when you can see what you're doing!

Dan
    WA9WVX