Thread: Baofeng UV-5R vs TYT UV-8000D

Default Baofeng UV-5R vs TYT UV-8000D

I have set up an echolink node at my home. The Baofeng works great with it, however, the TYT , when it's on, have a high pitched squeal and a clicking noise that interferes with the echolink connection. I can connect using the TYT, but I can't hear the audio coming back from echolink because of the high pitched noise and clicking sounds. How do I get rid of the high pitched noise and clicking on the TYT? I have already set the squelch as hig as I can.

Default Problem Solved - But How?

Quote Originally Posted by kj5yn View Post
    I have set up an echolink node at my home. The Baofeng works great with it, however, the TYT , when it's on, have a high pitched squeal and a clicking noise that interferes with the echolink connection. I can connect using the TYT, but I can't hear the audio coming back from echolink because of the high pitched noise and clicking sounds. How do I get rid of the high pitched noise and clicking on the TYT? I have already set the squelch as hig as I can.
    OK, weird. I switched to the 2M band on my UV-8000D, transmitted, then switched back to the 440 band where I have the frequency set for my Echolink node and the noises weren't there and I successfully connected to ECHOTEST and it all worked fine.

What do you think of the Tyt?

I think it's light years better than the Baofengs, and well worth the extra spend.

Hi folks,
    one of my unused, new in box UV-8000D is for sale. $79 shipped.
    Original box complete set, never used in field just tested in lab. 100% ok.
    Drop me an email if interresting in it please.
    Petr