Thread: Wouxon KG-UV920P-A

Angry Wouxon KG-UV920P-A

I just purchased this mobile repeater radio and it seems to be a great little radio. Only problem is I can't seem to get it to program memory channels on the side I want. I want to put 2m memories on one side (doesn't make a difference which side) and put 440 memories on the other side. It won't do this with or without the programming software. Whatever I put on one side will mirror on the other side. Does anyone know if the radio will put 2m memories on one side and 440 on other side or is it a software programming issue.

I'm wondering what software type & version that you are using to program this transceiver? I've seen RT, CHIRP & the Wouxom Official KG-UV920P-A mentioned for this mobile transceiver. I see that Wouxom states that the transceiver has the capability for 999 Memories but it does NOT state that they can be programmed to show up on either side of the display for VHF or UHF. I'm thinking that this is an Assumption that you are making. Here's a webpage with all the different software requirements:

http://www.spooktech.net/ham/wouxun/software

Dan
    WA9WVX

Default Wouxon KG-UV920P-A

Quote Originally Posted by N2NLM View Post
    I just purchased this mobile repeater radio and it seems to be a great little radio. Only problem is I can't seem to get it to program memory channels on the side I want. I want to put 2m memories on one side (doesn't make a difference which side) and put 440 memories on the other side. It won't do this with or without the programming software. Whatever I put on one side will mirror on the other side. Does anyone know if the radio will put 2m memories on one side and 440 on other side or is it a software programming issue.
    Thanks for the reply Dan. I was using the KG-UV Commander software that was specific to this model. I WAS assuming that I could put the 2m on one side and 440 on another side as I did with my Kenwood dual band. I have heard from other hams that some of the newer radios will not do this. I don't mind mixing the memories on a side but I was concerned that they are being mirrored on the other side too.

As for the newer transceivers, I'm guessing the other hams are referring to Chinese brands. I would expect the Kenwoods, ICOMs & Yaesu Products to be able to select which side you would want the memory channels to appear. In the short run it shouldn't matter where those memories show up on the dial.

Dan
    WA9WVX

In this radio, memories are just memories, they can be displayed on either or both sides and can hold any valid frequency for the radio.
    You can display the same channel on both sides at the same time even.

If you program a channel with a 70cm frequency (Say channel 001) and program channel 002 with a 2m frequency, then you can tune one side of the radio (Press key 1 to switch sides) dial to that channel memory (Ch 001), press key 1 again to change sides and dial up to channel 002.

You can alternate which is your primary side by pressing the 1 key.

As long as each side of the radio is set to alternative frequency ranges (ie V-U or U-V) then you can set to X band repeat as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pexdude View Post
    In this radio, memories are just memories, they can be displayed on either or both sides and can hold any valid frequency for the radio.
    You can display the same channel on both sides at the same time even.

If you program a channel with a 70cm frequency (Say channel 001) and program channel 002 with a 2m frequency, then you can tune one side of the radio (Press key 1 to switch sides) dial to that channel memory (Ch 001), press key 1 again to change sides and dial up to channel 002.

You can alternate which is your primary side by pressing the 1 key.

As long as each side of the radio is set to alternative frequency ranges (ie V-U or U-V) then you can set to X band repeat as well.
    the 2 sides on this radio ARE NOT THE SAME. one side can tune to any band, the other cant, i think its the right side thats limited.