Thread: ARRL Field Day this weekend ?

Default ARRL Field Day this weekend ?

Anyone going to be on air for the Field Day 'contest' this weekend ? Yes, I know its not supposed to be a contest, but I did score 48 points last year and got a nice certificate in the mail.

I'm typically on 15m and 20m, but I noticed it was a bit dead this morning my time.

Last year I did check 40m and it was very busy.
    --
    73, Jim/N4AAB got my Extra class license on Aug 10, 2017. Vanity call in Oct, 2014.
    My Ham radio site has no popups, no music, no banners.
    'Through the thorns to the stars' from Ghost-in-the-Shell anime.

Tried out my generator this afternoon. Works fine. Not noisy. Hear you on air tomorrow !

Well, I did try some listening about 1 PM local, Central Daylight Time, and there was static on 20m and 40m. My dsp filter took care of most of it.
    --
    73, Jim/N4AAB got my Extra class license on Aug 10, 2017. Vanity call in Oct, 2014.

Default Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by N4AAB View Post
    Anyone going to be on air for the Field Day 'contest' this weekend ?
    The Oklahoma Section Manager for the American Radio Relay League will be out and about on APRS and VOIP.

Listen to W5KUB for updates from Field Day Sites.

Lloyd, KC5FM

Yes I will be on the air with the pearland amateur radio club. Probably 20 m and 40 m.
    Have a great day.
    K5MOW

Thanks for the replies !

I was on air about 10-11 AM CDT this morning checking ye old atmospherics. Sounds a bit staticy, and had to move my West Mountain dsp filter from 25% up to 75%. I did hear one guy in Missouri who thought the start time was 8 AM his time, but he realized his mistake.

He is the furthest I heard this morning. The rest were in Florida and Louisiana. I checked 80m through 10m. I'm going to try 20m and 40m.
    --

Temperature in my shack was 95F at 2 PM, 1400, local. And got back down to 91F by 5 PM, 1700. 44-46 prcent humidity.

I got 4 QSOs completed.

My generator pull cord is jammed. So when I went to start back up after letting it cool off a bit, the generator doesn't let go of the pull cord when I pul on it. Almost pulled my arm out of the socket. See if we can take it back.
    Last edited by N4AAB; Sat 25th Jun 2016 at 22:35. Reason: info
    --