Thread: OFCOM Revokes 500+ Amateur Radio Licenses

Default OFCOM Revokes 500+ Amateur Radio Licenses

Seems like there's a lot of United Kingdom Amateur Radio Operators about to lose their licenses. I hope none of the present U.K. hams on the Ham Radio Forum are in this predicament.

http://www.arrl.org/news/view/uk-tel...ted-by-holders

As the revocation procedure involves contacting the licencee before action is taken, any active hams will have revalidated pretty darned quickly, I guess! I'm assuming that the 529 figure will include some silent keys, whose families may not have informed Ofcom of the licencee's death (indeed they may not have known whom to inform), plus those who have given up the hobby and just aren't bothered. I have a file on this PC with a copy of the licence and a reminder of when I have to revalidate it a couple of years' time.
    Current radios: VHF/UHF: 2 x Baofeng 2/70 Handhelds. VHF: Kenwood TR9130 2m multimode. HF: Kenwood TS930S-AT
    Home antennas planned: G5RV / G7FEK / end fed wire. 1/2 wave vertical for 10m. 6 element beam for 2m. Vertical collinear for 2/70
    Website for the 'day job': www.andrew-gilbert.com

Tangmere, Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom

Looking through the list there are a good number of M3 Foundation call signs, which would would have been revalidated when the holder logged in to update to intermediate status, which of course would now be out of use anyway as people will be using the upgraded call sign!!
    So bottom line natural wastage!!
    Pete - 2EFVL
    The QRM Formally Known As M6PAP!!
    www.selseylifeboats.co.uk
    www.amberleymuseum.co.uk

I'm probably up there with them :/

Quote Originally Posted by 2E0FVL View Post
    Looking through the list there are a good number of M3 Foundation call signs, which would would have been revalidated when the holder logged in to update to intermediate status, which of course would now be out of use anyway as people will be using the upgraded call sign!!
    So bottom line natural wastage!!
    Yes, but you can still hold all 3 - I did until last week and surrendered the old call signs, just keeping the full call.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk