Thread: ARRL SSB DX tonight and tomorrow

Default ARRL SSB DX tonight and tomorrow

Hope to hear some of you on air later today and Sunday morning. March 7-8, 2015.

I'll be on later today, and hopefully during the contest starting at 0000 UTC/GMT/Z.

Hopefully the cold will lift later today so I can stay in my shack for a while.
    --
    73, Jim/N4AAB got my Extra class license on Aug 10, 2017. Vanity call in Oct, 2014.
    My Ham radio site has no popups, no music, no banners.
    'Through the thorns to the stars' from Ghost-in-the-Shell anime.

Tried around 10 AM to Noon local, GMT -6, and heard lots of static and very faintly people talking. So I'll try and get some radials in, and try later this evening.

I need to reread before I post. I tried multiple bands, no go.
    Last edited by N4AAB; Sat 7th Mar 2015 at 17:07. Reason: info
    --
    73, Jim/N4AAB got my Extra class license on Aug 10, 2017. Vanity call in Oct, 2014.

Went back out Saturday about sunset. 20m, got two QSOs, one in Portugal and one in South America. Almost got one in the Carribbean Sea, but I don't think he could hear me. I really need to get those radials put in. I thought I might get as many as 10 QSOs, but 2 is good. An unheated shack is not going to get me to stay out there for long hours. Thanks for stopping by !
    --

Sunday, now have 4 QSOs. The two new ones are Japan and Puerto Rico. All contacts for this contest done by me were on 20m. It was 60F today, nice weather for a bit of ham radio work.

Lots of non-standard phonetics, US hams were using words that sounded like they were calling from DX locations, so I didn't call them after they did their state abbreviation.

Mostly I listened.
    --